Friday, April 17, 2020

The Movie

A Bit of Love

This movie took a lot longer than we all meant for it to take. COVID-19 restricted our ability to meet up a lot, so me and my group weren't able to see each other for a while. But despite that, I think that I alongside the rest of my group are still pretty proud of what we've done. We could've done a better job, but the most important part is that we finished. We also managed to follow the storyboard well. I'm especially proud of my group mates for being able to finish all the preparations, given the time frame we had and our difficulties that came whenever we tried to meet up. I'd also like to say a big 'thank you' to my teachers that I had this year. They managed to keep such a large class of students informed, so I never fell flat on what I needed to do. They gave us constant reminders and broke down every piece of work he had to do so everything could be optimized. On another note, COVID-19 is already causing a lot of changes to come to the surface in the media world. A lot of movies are now being released online on websites, theaters are closing down, and film productions are being postponed hastily. Sure, it's definitely scary, it's alarming to see so many forms of entertainment suddenly being held back. We've grown so used to having things come out at their specified deadlines, that now the film making world is pretty shaken up over it. The virus is also starting to affect literally everyone around the world. Even more so, targetting pregnant women, senior citizens, and people who have immuno-deficiencies and all that. I think everybody is a little bit afraid of what the future might hold. That includes schools and school districts, obviously since school has been cancelled for quite a bit of time. We're having to transfer everything to online school, and many states have already declared that they will not return to school in person for the remainder of the year. Thankfully, we filmed this movie and edited it safely, so it's still finished on time.
This film shows the two sides to how people perceive celebrities. We see the first side, which is the one broadcasted to the people. Smiling, waving, happy people who are shiny and new, they're talented and perfect. On the other side there's the more grim version-- the secrecy of being unhappy. Of course, this film we've created should be taken with a grain of salt. Obviously we aren't saying all celebrities are cannibals behind the scenes, we're not even saying that all celebrities have a dark side. However it still felt important for us to show that humans have more than just one side. People are more than what is presented on the surface. Our props and costumes were made by my group mate Emily. All of the food was made out of marshmallow fondant and food coloring, so it was actually quite sweet when I had to eat a bite of it in the film. Fondant is basically just pure sugar in a malleable form, but it's still pretty good if you ask me. The wine was just a mix of grape and cherry juice, since obviously none of us are legally allowed to drink. I'm proud of our props, everything came out really beautiful and our location ended up being perfect. This is definitely the best thing we made all year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment