Friday, April 17, 2020

My CCR

My Finished CCR

This is my completed CCR video that I made for my final task. I'll admit, it's not the best. I hate to say that it's not even really that good. That could just be my trashy self esteem talking, but I know that at least somewhat it isn't better than anything else I could've done. Unfortunately a lot of my time has been consumed by editing this together, about 6-7 hours of just editing. The first half mainly took my time, because there were so many inserts and sound effects. I had to literally scour the internet all over so I could find stock sound effects. Plus I had to put in a few content warnings just for the gore-y photos of the props used in my final. For such a simple video, I really didn't expect for it to take me such a long time to edit. Much to my dismay, I found out once I started editing that I literally never shut up. By that, I mean I talked way too much in each of the individual takes for each question. I also talk really fast, by nature, so whenever I would try to merge clips things came out kind of choppy. I talked too fast without considering how much that would hinder the editing process and the outcome of the video as a whole. I cut out probably 6 or 7 minutes in total of me just blabbering since I went off on a lot of tangents, but it still came out to be almost 12 minutes long. Embedding this into my blog also took me way too long to figure out. The file size of this video obviously was quite large, so Blogger literally couldn't handle the uploading process. I was going to just individually upload each part/question, but even then it was just too much. Each file was around 20-30 MB too large for the website to support. Thankfully my classmates on our teams app are really helpful, everyone's working together really well so I tried a lot of different methods. It's a little upsetting that it's mainly just a video of me talking to the camera, but I tried my best, considering I can't leave my house and I had no one to help me but myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment