Thursday, April 16, 2020

Finalizing my CCR

Almost Finished!

I’ve spent the last week or so living a rather comfortable life. Sleeping at really unreasonable times (that I will not specify) and waking up around 1-2 PM has become my passion. It’s actually quite similar to my sleep schedule during the summer, but not as bad, believe it or not. Regardless of my sleep schedule though, i’ve been getting quite a surprising amount of work done. Online classes are really kicking off, so i’ve been focusing a lot on getting my assignments done in time as the days go by. I’ll say it honestly, I completely prefer going to school online over going in person, but i’m sure i’ve said that before in other blogs. I’ve been more motivated to get things done recently since I can kind of do it whenever I want as long as it’s by midnight on a certain day. Which, I will add, is a really long time if you’re given an assignment due a week from the day you were assigned it. The new system really gives you time to think. I’ve also been taking the extra time given by my AICE Media teachers to edit my CCR at a slower pace. My procrastination habit is pretty bad, so I was originally going to have to edit the whole thing together really quickly. Probably in the span of about two to three days. Then again, I know pretty well that it’s my fault for not getting started sooner. 
I edited the first half of it in one sitting, probably taking around 6 hours of just me sitting in my chair staring at my face for an uncomfortably long time. But i’ve been given a longer window to finish up since then. I’ve spent the extras on my other classes, mainly my math class just because it’s the only thing i’m really struggling with it. It turns out, learning pre-calculus at home through vague videos and websites is not the best. It’s definitely not as efficient as learning with a teacher who can answer your questions quickly. It’s even more difficult for me because i’m someone who really struggles with doing well in math. Which, admittedly, although I am trying my best— i’m not doing well at all. I’m like on the tip of passing. Just a little on top of the line to keep myself comfortable so I can get my credit. Luckily I don’t struggle with my other classes since they’re a lot of other core things. I’m also proficient in learning about my electives since I do my research on them from time to time. After all, sociology is kind of an interesting subject, so I like to look into it just briefly. Thanks to the extra time, I was able to deal with the massive amount of work I had due today. I don’t know what happened, I guess it was just bad timing, but it looked like all of a sudden all of my teachers decided to give an assignment due specifically today. Or a quiz, or both, just for the fun of it. I’ve been working for a few hours today. I just barely managed to turn in an English quiz, I mean I literally finished by the skin of my teeth. But I suppose it’s my fault again for not managing my time better and doing things ahead. I know fully well that I could’ve done a thing or two earlier, or at least started on them earlier. On the bright side, i’ve finished my CCR video! I’m going to put it up probably in the afternoon or at night, considering the fact that i’m literally never awake before 1:30 PM. I also have to post my video, considering the fact that I never actually got around to that. I have a few, or a lot of blogs that I need to make up for missing. After all of this film work is said and done, my class is just going to focus on writing for the extract portion. I know we did a bit of it in the start of the year, but it’s been a long time since then. I’ve had too much crammed into my head from other classes for months on end. I guess that’s why we made our midterm the way we were told to, it’s a nice refresher of what to do for those who’ve totally forgotten. I can’t wait until I see all of the submission screens once I turn my project in.

No comments:

Post a Comment