Monday, October 28, 2019

(Not) Editing the Commercial

(Not) Editing the Commercial

When filming day came to an end, we dumped all of our footage onto a computer so that we could get ready to edit next class. I got to the class earlier than usual so that we could get onto our computer, but there seems to be a bit of a problem. Apparently, our editing software doesn't work on most of the computers within the classroom. This wasn't exactly what we anticipated.. so now we're stuck with not much to do. When we sat down, our teachers informed us that Pinnacle Studios is malfunctioning. To put it simply, we can't open it. And because of that, we can't edit our video today. I'm not exactly sure what we'll do next class, after all we can't postpone the turn-in date by too much. But it seems that at least for today we're just blogging and chatting while our teachers try to fix the problem. We were supposed to edit everything today, but it seems that that's going to be pushed back a bit until we find some sort of solution. 
Our teachers instructed us to get all of our footage off of the desktop and onto some other platform. I'm assuming maybe because we might have to go to another class to use computers, but that's just my guess. I mean.. it makes the most sense to me unless they somehow fix these ones fast enough by Wednesday. But knowing our school, I highly doubt it'll be done in time. I ended up putting everything from the folder into my Google Drive. That way, if i'm given the task to use another computer, i'll still be able to access everything. It's saved onto my account of course, so I basically can't miss school or we're done for. Even so, i'm the one that's actually going to be doing the manual editing. Everyone else is just going to be instructing me on what to do. We'll have someone read the storyboard off for me, and we'll talk it out together to see how we want to cut it together.
My friend Emily will be our main director, which is basically code for she's the one that'll be breathing down my shoulder the entire time telling me what to do. Honestly, i'm a bit nervous to get this part done. I've only ever edited something together once, but that was for a final in AICE Euro last year. But.. all I had to do for that project was cut out parts that I messed up from when I voice-over'd some diary entries I wrote. I've never done something like a full blown project before, and I think there's a lot more involved this time. Plus this isn't just for me anymore. It's for everyone in my group, all four of us together. So if it doesn't come out good i'll seriously be worried for my grade. But I guess I shouldn't speak such things into existence. I should just focus on the task at hand and prepare to actually edit (hopefully) next class. Let's hope this comes out good for everyone's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment