Monday, October 7, 2019

Introductory

Introducing, me.
   
Hi, i'm Victoria, a junior attending Fort Lauderdale High School for the last 3 years. I'm currently chasing after my AICE diploma, hoping to finish it by the end of this year by passing all of my classes, including the one i'll be blogging about for the rest of the year (AICE media). I'm really interested in film, not exactly for a career but just because I absolutely love going to the movies, or even watching movies at home. I've been like this since I was a kid; even when I may not have a lot of time to watch every new movie coming out, I still try to watch things when I can. I was obsessed with the stereotypical movies little girls always love when I was younger, you know, the Disney princess movies and all the crazy Pixar movies like Monsters Inc. My main hobbies growing up were reading, and watching movies. Luckily for me, sometimes those things got to tie together whenever film adaptations were made of things I read. Hunger Games, Coraline, Percy Jackson, they all ended up getting movies as time went on (but the book is always better than the movie). But movies aren't the only thing i'm interested in, as i've grown up i've become really passionate about a few other things. 
I'm 16 years old, turning 17 in July 2020 but sometimes I feel like i'm a million years old and I can't seem to get out of a time loop. It kind of reminds me of those things like in movies where people just get stuck inside of a certain time period and can't get out of it for what feels like decades. Unfortunately for me, just because I feel old, doesn't mean I am old. If anything, i'm rather unaccomplished besides the fact that i've somehow managed to make it through high school so far. I still don't have my drivers license, I don't have a car, I don't have a job, and in general I don't think I do a lot of interesting things. So yeah, my life can get a little bit boring sometimes, but that's okay. At least with a lot of time to spend indoors, I get to play video games. Or watch countless hours of TV shows I got recommended on Netflix. I just recently finished Orange Is The New Black after the final season came out-- I highly recommend it. 
Besides that though, the main hobby I have that I actually care about is my love for video games. I've loved them since my childhood, playing MMORPGS's like Wizard101 and World of Warcraft, and it seems to be something that's followed me (but also come to haunt me) in the later years of my life. It's a bit of an issue now since I have a terrible habit of procrastinating because I tell myself  "one more round" and it ends up turning into 3 more, but I think soon i'll have it down. If i'm honest, I don't think i'm very put together. I take a very long time to do things, unless i'm forced to do it or it's 5 minutes before the deadline, but I hope at least once I get to college i'll get better at it. Like most things though, I just want to get better at everything I do. The last few years of my life i've been trying my hardest to improve on myself, after recovering from some hardships and a few personal issues of my own. Ever since then though, I've spent a lot of my time trying to live life happily rather than enslaved by work. Yes, that does sometimes reflect on reports of mine, and my struggle is evident but it feels a little better at least knowing that I'm happy. At least, for the most part. 
I only hope to get even better, and maybe get more in touch with myself as I spend this school year making these short videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment