Thursday, February 20, 2020

Prepping for Filming

Prepping for Filming

Me and my group finally came down to a decision on filming. We have deadlines we need to meet, most importantly the deadline of the peer edit. Of course, we’re going to be having our film criticized by a classmate/group of peers so... we’re basically going to have to be done by very early March. There’s about three weekends left for groups to film, and me and my group have chosen to film this weekend. I’m going to get a ride around noon on Saturday and meet up with Emily and the rest of my group mates. From there, i’m getting picked up by her grandparents and then we’re going to go film in her grandparents’ house. I’m slightly intimidated though... Emily’s grandparents are a bit wealthy so they have a lot of things we can’t be touching once we get inside their house. I’m honestly just afraid of breaking something expensive since I obviously don’t have any money or means of replacing valuable items. Also... i’m afraid of becoming a dress-up doll for her grandmother because she desperately wants to dress me up because apparently I look like a pretty doll? That’s besides the point though. If i’m being totally honest, I don’t want to meet up with them at all. I’ve been having a really stressful week (life in general has been stressful lately) and surely i’m not prepared to spend time with people from school outside of school. I was looking forward to spending my weekend reading manga, drawing, practicing the language i’m learning, just doing my hobbies and all that, but I know I have to film the movie sooner rather than later. I know it’s basically now or never since my other group members often times have plans on the weekends... although I almost never do. Basically, this weekend is going to have to be a gold mine and we’re going to have to get everything done very quickly so that I can go home and catch up on all the sleep I lost earlier in the week from staying up doing homework. But as long as I stick to the schedule Emily made, I think filming day is gonna be a success. The only thing I find weird is that everyone expects for us to finish filming the entire picture in that one meet-up session, which to me sounds totally ridiculous and reckless, but in most cases in life i’m better off keeping my mouth shut so i’ve kept that though to myself. If we don’t finish though? There’s no doubt in my mind that i’ll be livid. So... I hope this works out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment