Thursday, February 27, 2020

Filming Outside the House

Filming Outside the House

Now that we finished filming the scenes inside, the main bits of the movie were finally dealt with. Honestly the bulk of the film is going to be the scenes from inside so we didn’t have much to do on the outside. We had to do our red carpet and car shots, which should’ve been easy but it may have been one of the most painful experiences of my life. I had to wear high heels, which I was aware of obviously. But... I didn’t know how large the actual size of the heels were going to be. I don’t know the exact inch measurement of them because I forgot to ask, but I needed help to put them on. The moment I put my feet into those god forsaken shoes, it felt like my toes were being crushed by the strongest machine ever created. Then when I tried to walk in them, I needed someone to support me and keep me up so I wouldn’t fall over into the concrete and die from face-planting. We had to walk up and down the carpet multiple times because the camera was turning on and off a lot (it was on low battery) and we needed to get multiple takes. But in all honestly, it was really difficult to do even those few takes just because I had to keep my face in a smile while I was suffering the greatest pain i’d ever experienced in my feet. Luckily we finished and I immediately took the heels off because I couldn’t stand being in them any longer. No pun intended. One thing that did complicate the shooting was the fact that there were... weather complications. It was raining and sprinkling a lot, so we had to be really quick with filming so that the water wouldn’t get all over the camera lens and all over me. Plus it had to be fast so it wouldn’t ruin my or Jaheim’s hair. The bright side of it though was the double rainbow that came after. I didn’t even know it was happening till Emily called us outside and I screamed really loudly from pure excitement because— wow, rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment