Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming Inside the House

Filming Inside the House

I'll be honest, getting the wedding photo scene ready was easily the most stressful part of the entire filming process. I play the female role, so I had to change outfits twice... and both times I had someone doing my hair and makeup. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of being touched, especially not so quickly all over my face and head in general-- it wasn't pleasant. We took the photo of me and Jaheim as quickly as possible so that I could just take everything off already, and so that we could frame it. Right after I changed into the nice velvety black dress I wear for the rest of the movie, got my hair done again and then set up for the table/dinner scene we had planned. We decided to film our scenes out of order just for the sake of convenience.
One thing that was annoying was that the table we used had mirrors around the whole thing, so finding a good spot to film me and Jaheim without having the camera in the reflection was difficult. We ended up having to set it up in a corner, but i'm afraid footage of Jaheim might have come out too dark because of that. After all, Emily and Andrea did comment that the lighting on him was really awful. Another issue was that we didn't have enough plates for the scene, since we originally planned on having more... but due to complications we just decided to make it easier and have a few less. 
As for my thoughts on being filmed? Having to take my glasses off for so long was terrible. I have the worst eyesight in the world, I can barely see 3 inches in front of my face, so let's just say I was not having the nicest time. I think I did quite well at acting though, i'm good at keeping a straight face so that I can just get it done. I'm sure all of us just wanted to get out of there, or at least I did, so I tried my best to keep it clean minus a few times where I forgot my lines.
The best part was definitely the scene of me and Jaheim yelling at each other. I have a rather strong voice, it's a little deep and powerful. More masculine than the typical female voice, I guess, and i'm really great at screaming so that just worked out great for me. I may or may not have used that as a vessel to release some pent-up aggression of mine... but let's not get into that! Nonetheless, everything got done and that's all that really matters to me. That, and of course all the marshmallows I got to eat while I waited.
Also... this is definitely the most humiliating photo of me to ever exist. I can't stress how much I hate it, but it's pretty funny at the same time I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment