Thursday, November 14, 2019

Intro to New Project

Music Video

The commercial project is finally over. After weeks of trials and tribulations, it's submitted and I can forget that ever happened. Well... not forget, but at the very least, pretend. I don't think I did the best I could've done, but it seems that that's in the past now. I'm officially moving on with my group onto my next project, a music video. After going through the whole process of making a commercial, I've definitely found a new level of appreciation for it. I had a very good storyboard, basically as detailed as I could possibly make it, but some things went wrong later on in filming. Although everything was planned out perfectly on my storyboard, me and my group kind of forgot to film a few things. Either that, or we didn't do enough takes, so we ended up with footage that I wasn't very proud of. I hope filming will go better this time, especially since I have the ability to film this outside of school instead of just being on the track. I'll probably go to the mall or somewhere romantic so that I can fit the vibe of the song I choose. Also, editing should go smoother this time around since I won't rely so heavily on it if I just get better footage. Rather than just trying to cut things together and force them to work, I should have footage that actually just works. 
The song me and my group have chosen is 'Fly Me To The Moon' by Frank Sinatra. It's romantic, jazzy, nice and slow. Basically everything somebody could want in a cheesy love song. It's almost like something that you could serenade someone with, since a lot of songs from that time era were like that. Frank Sinatra is a classic singer, one of the most famous of his time, so choosing him was easy to think of. We wanted something that could be romantic and soft for our video, since we want our video to have a love story. The song is about 2 minutes long, but we'll shorten it down for our video since it has a lot of instrumentals without lyrics. If we do have to keep any instrumentals in for the time limits though, we might make a small little choreography or something to keep it interesting. It'll be fun to use such an old song, especially because a lot more can be done with it that will be more special than just a regular modern music video. 
Jazz music videos and songs are normally about love, hidden love, anything to do with romance as said before. It's going to have a very soft vibe so that we can do everything we want with it.
  1. For costumes, my group mate Emily we be finding outfits since she has family members that are costume designers and things like that. She has a lot of knowledge on history, so she knows what was 'in' fashion-wise during the time period of when our video is going to be set. 
  2. Lighting is mostly going to be natural from our locations that we use, outside when our characters walk around. Or if we end up putting our characters in a restaurant in any scene, maybe somewhere that's more dimly lit. However, the video will all be in black and white to pay homage to the 50's and 60's black/white films.
  3. Our actors are most likely going to be 2 women acting as lover. It's a bit of a comment on what life was like back in the 50's and 60's, since homophobia was really big. We'll have them interact romantically, going out on dates and all that.
  4. Makeup won't play a very large part of the video, we may just have light makeup on our actresses inspired by famous looks. Red lipstick, eyeliner, light blush, overall a classic look. Honestly, we may not have it at all.
  5. Our props are going to be part of the dance theme and whatever happens with the script, so it's a bit undecided at the moment. 
  6. Scenery will be very beautiful and soft, in nature with wind blowing through the actors faces. Maybe trees, pretty flowers and things like that. Keep it simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment