Thursday, March 19, 2020

Complications with School

Complications with School

I'll be honest. I haven't done anything in a few days, basically everyday since quarantine started. On Friday school for my whole district/county was cancelled, and it's recently been extended until April 15th. Coronavirus has basically taken the world by storm. The internet is exploding with COVID-19 memes, CEO's of conglomerates are stepping down, countries are in shambles, politics in general is just totally done for. Honestly though, i'm having the time of my life. School is obviously something that i'm very blessed to be enrolled in, but it's so stressful these days that i'm really not sure if I can do it anymore. It's taking a big toll on me, basically my mental health since around December has just been really bad. I know that this whole ordeal isn't something I should be happy about, but i'm overjoyed that I actually have some time to myself. Spring break was already on the way, yeah, but having more time is like icing on the cake. I've just been watching anime and having online movie nights with friends. But in all seriousness, school is gonna be out of commission until probably March 30th. By that time I think online assignments and videos will probably be dished out, at least I know for sure it will be by one teacher of mine. Me and my group are still carrying on with reshooting and editing, this just kind of makes things more difficult than they really needed to be. Especially in terms of filming the CCR, which we were planning to film together taking turns so that it could just be easy. But I think i'm going to have to film it on my phone and edit it together, which is kind of annoying, but I guess there's nothing to do about it. I know it's supposed to be something similar to like an interview or talk show type style. I had the idea to maybe have my cat sit next to me and meow into a microphone and then put subtitles over it so it looks like she's asking me questions. It sounds funny, obviously, but I might scrap it. It might end up just looking pretty stupid. Re-editing is going to be a hassle for my group members that are more in charge of it, which I feel bad about, but again. We can't do anything else about it. After all, we can barely leave the house. Quarantine has really set the world on fire. People are afraid to leave their homes these days, all the shopping centers are closed or have very limited hours so malls are just completely barren. It's almost like living in a ghost town. The beach is closed off, grocery stores are going empty. Especially in terms of paper products-- I went to Target to try and find toilet paper and the entire section was literally clean gone. It's like a mini apocalypse that I think people are freaking out over way too much. But I could just be being naive since i'm young and have an okay immune system, so the virus wouldn't really affect me if I were to get it. Work hours are being limited for a lot of people also. My parents are coming home earlier since they're getting practically no business. A lot of places are turning into appointment only schedules temporarily. It's all pretty wild. But i'm taking this break one step at a time. Starting with catching up on the sleep i've lost over the last decade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment